Thursday 15 March 2007

A Dyeing Day


Well the hand dyed fabrics are finally in the shop. The response has been quite overwhelming which meant today I needed to dye some more. This is always fun. I also decided that since everything was set up I better get cracking dyeing some fabric for our sample book. I'm always amazed at how different the same colours of dyes can look on the same type of fabric just smaller pieces.


I also decided to dye some paper. I splashed dye on to wet and dry paper and just let the colours blend as they wished. Usually when I dye I'm so precise about quantity and colour. Today I didn't need to pay any attention to that. I felt like I was in kindergarten again. I was thrilled with the results but what am I going to do with them? New Hand Dyed Gift Tags of course! Should be in the shop next week at the latest.


Talking of stationary (or is that stationery?) I'll also have new colours in the cards inspired by my cross stitch charts. The image is one of charts and card designs.



1 comment:

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Keep up the dyeing in the nicest way possible of course, it is nice to see you blogging with the best of us! Congratulations on your blog site, it looks good. Linda