Saturday 31 March 2007

Freedom Art Exhibition


I'm currently exhibiting my Kumihimo Braids at the Freedom Art exhibition in Caboolture. This exhibition is being held in conjunction with the annual Multicultural Day.


In addition to having my braids on display, I have been demonstrating braiding on both the marudai and a hand held disc. People are quite fascinated by how something can look so complicated at first glance can turn out to be so easy to follow.


For the first time ever I have been selling braids. The younger ones love the reusable hair braids. Some have even come back to buy the kit to make more.


Today is the last day of the art exhibition. If you have an opportunity to visit us in Caboolture we're in the Town Hall.



I will be running a Kumihimo workshop at the Maryborough Arts Festival 23rd June - 28th June. For more information www.maryborougharts.org.au

No comments: