Thursday 21 April 2011

Hospital Crafts

Over the last couple of weeks my Mum has been quite ill in hospital. I don’t do the sitting quietly by the bedside very well. I need something to keep me occupied so I’ve dragged out some hand sewing.DSCF7276 I started out embellishing the bag then decided to finish the whole thing by hand. DSCF7283 The hospital floor was littered with fall out from the stuffing. Earned me a few disapproving looks.DSCF7284 While I was on a roll making pin cushions I decided to make a few more slippers and turn them into pin cushions as well. Lucky for me that I didn’t spill any seed beads on the floor. That may well have got me kicked out.

Doctors advise that Mum is likely to spend at least 4 weeks in rehab so I guess I will get more hand sewing done over the next month or so.That is unless I can convince them to let me set up my sewing machine. I suppose dyeing is out of the question?????

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Easy to see what your prefer colour are. Your embroidery is beautiful.

Tabitha said...

Great idea for pincushions. Good news about your Mum.

Anonymous said...

I love your designs!! The texture and colours are gorgeous : ). I reckon you should dye the hospital sheets! Wishing you and your Mum all the best. x

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Wishing your mum a very speedy recovery Trish xx

Sally said...

This is enough to keep you out of mischief at the hospital.

Trish Goodfield said...

Thanks girls for your thoughts. I'll run the dyeing idea past the hospital Melissa. Bet they find a bed for me in the psych ward.

Quiltrobin said...

I LOVE the slipper pin cushion. It's sweet and charming. The rolls are very cool too - the shapes are great!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I used to take lots of hand stitching to the hospital while my husband was in there. As I left a mess of threads and stuff around, I joked that he thought he'd be at least able to escape my creative mess by going to hospital - but it wasn't so :)

Hope your mum recovers soon.

Billy Angel said...

I always love your little slippers Trish.